THE LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN “ON PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE”
Article 44. The oath of prosecutors and investigators
Individuals first appointed as prosecutors and investigators, take the oath of the following content:
“I solemnly swear to fulfill my official duties honestly and conscientiously, uncompromisingly combat violations of the law, protect the interests of the citizen, society and the state.”
The procedure of taking the oath is determined by the General Prosecutor of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
2Recruitment to the service
On service in the bodies and institutions of the Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan
II. THE PROCESS OF EMPLOYMENT OF STAFF AND SERVICE IN THE PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE
6. Citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan, having higher legal education, possessing the necessary professional qualities and capable to fulfill the official duties assigned to them, are appointed to the prosecutor’s office for the position of prosecutors, investigators and trainees.
In some cases, specialists with higher education in the field of information and communication technologies can be admitted to the prosecutor’s office.
When applying for service in the prosecutor’s office, the candidates are checked, in order to examine their compliance with the requirements established by this Regulation, as well as a compulsory interview conducted by a special commission aimed to determine the level of knowledge, the availability of necessary professional skills and efficiency.
In order to determine the ability to perform the duties assigned to them, candidates on admission to the staff of the prosecutor’s office undergo compulsory medical examination.
On admission to the staff of the prosecutor’s office, employees suspend their membership in political parties for the period of their authority.
Individuals having a criminal record, or dismissed from law enforcement, judicial and other state bodies or other organizations for committing discrediting acts cannot be admitted to the prosecutor’s office.
7. Joint service in the bodies of the Prosecutor’s Office of employees being close relatives to each other (parents, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, spouses, and also parents-in-law, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law and children of spouses) is prohibited if their service is related to direct subordination or control of one of them over another.
8. Admission to the service of the prosecutor’s office is formalized by the order of the General Prosecutor of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the prosecutor of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regional prosecutors, prosecutors of Tashkent and equivalent prosecutors, issued within their competence.
The order for admission to service is declared to the employee against receipt.
9. Individuals, taken on the service of prosecutors for the first time are appointed to the position of trainee, trainee assistant of prosecutor and trainee of investigator of the district (city) prosecutor’s office and equivalent prosecutor’s offices without assigning a class rank, and interned for up to one year and they pass the certification after this term.
The internship procedure is established by the General Prosecutor of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Individuals who have been admitted to the prosecutor’s office for the first time, taking into account their qualifications, work experience and special ranks assigned at the previous work place or service, may be appointed to other posts.
10. The individuals first appointed to posts in the prosecutor’s office shall take the oath in accordance with the established procedure.
12. The prosecutor’s officers cannot be engaged in any other types of paid activity. They can be engaged in scientific, teaching and creative activities only in their free time.
3FUTURE PROSECUTORS CLUB
FUTURE PROSECUTORS CLUB